Taitung Senior High School originated from Taitung District High School, and was renamed as Provincial Taitung High School after the period of Japanese Occupation.
On Dec. 26, 1945, the first principal Mr. Dai Ming-Fu took over the school from the Japanese, and the day was stipulated as the school Anniversary Day.
In 1955, Guanshan Branch was established.
In 1968, the Junior High Department was annulled to be merged into Senior High School.
In 1970, it was renamed as Taiwan Provincial Taitung Senior High School.
In 1978, the Guanshan Branch was separated as National Guan-Shan Vocational Senior High School.
In 1999, a PE specialty class was established, accepting both male and female students with PE specialty skills. Three female students were admitted.
In Feb, 2000, it was renamed as National Taitung Senior High School. In August, the school system of Departments of Comprehensive High School was enacted, divided into an Academic program and an Expertise (Vocational) program, while the latter was further divided into an English Application program, an Information Technology program, and an Information Application program.
In 2002, the school had totally adopted the school system of Departments of Comprehensive High school.
In 2004, a Math-Physics-Chemistry Elite Class was established.
In 2005, an Aboriginal Art Class accepting both male and female students was established, which adopted the school system of Normal High School.
Education Goals: Whole Person Development, Humanitarian Caring, and Communal Goodness We prioritize…
Character: Cultivate the students’ high-efficiency habits to be life-long learners.
In the Academic Bureau, we…
1. Propel the 12-year Basic Education-Curricula, and set up Basic Education-Curricula teams, regularly discussing and devising credit plans.
2. Flip traditional teaching modes, sharpen teaching strategies, and deepen the contents of the curricula, via teaching empowerment.
3. Develop feature courses, forming “Group Mobility” to forge students’ development of character maturity in order to match school visions.
4. Emphasize student developments in all learning areas, and cooperate with colleges, in order to provide the students with the opportunities of self-exploration and potential-exploration.
5. Target on “Hometown Writing,” “Multi-Media Technology,” “Wisdom Launching,” “Flip Teaching,” and “Joyful Reading and expression,” in response to the 12-year Basic Education-Curricula. Likewise , the students can be cultivated to be an active learner with persistent courage and quality of humanism.
In the Students’Affair Bureau, we…
1. Create a friendly and caring campus, and build up harmonious cultures.
2. Fortify Homeroom Teachers’ class management, and solidify teacher-student communication.
3. Advocate democracy and rule of law, and constitute civics awareness.
4. Promote moral principles, and build up the students’ core values.
5. Develop extracurricular clubs actively, and provide stages for self-realization.
6. Emphasize environmental sanitary education, and participate in community services.
7. Promote sports and PE curricula, and cultivate the students’ physical well-being.
8. Encourage the students to diversify their interests, and show good results in extracurricular activities.
9. Oversee school security, and integrate premium counseling networks.
Reinforce dorm-student counseling, and prepare a comfortable living environment.
In the Counseling Bureau, we…
1. Do case-by-case counseling, consulting, transferring, and case notifications.
2. Conduct high-risk student adoption guidance programs, and help solve problems.
3. Devise and execute small group counseling.
4. Undergo psychological inventory, and instruct the students how to create learning process portfolios.
5. Accept student complaints and follow up.
6. Call for individual research meetings, assist the students in mental and physical adaptations, and boost the students’ abilities to adjust for campus life and academics.
Assess student, family, and social environment, and provide services such as counseling and resource links.
Deal with administration affairs of Resource Center forConsultation and School Counseling, Taitung District Office, consigned by Ministry of Education.
In the General Affairs Bureau, we…
1. Devise and regulate campus development plans, and support all teaching proceedings.
2. Examine, repair, and maintain school buildings and educational facilities, in order to boost teaching quality and ensure student safety.
3. Employ all building and repairing projects along with purchases, and execute annual budgets with efficacy.
4. Go green and do campus beautification for effective environmental education.
In the Library, we…
1. Have open book shelves for easy access, and plan budgets for purchases.
2. Promote activities such as arts , literature keynote speeches, National High School Mini-Essay writing, and reading report competitions.
3. Conduct Class Reading Activity to cultivate reading habits.
4. Conduct Book-Cramming evening study hours to cultivate studying and self-learning habits.
5. Build up cooperation with universities and colleges, stipulate borrowing agreements, and enlarge resources.
6. Maintain and use library automatic operation system, and provide internet library resources.
7. Start and host “Literature-Heart Community Reading Club” to communicate with the literary circles, to share resources, and to make friends via reading.